Squarespace Starter Web Package
Starting a website from scratch can be a frustrating and expensive proposition only to find out later that you have to keep on paying and paying to have someone make necessary changes to that website. At Catamaran, we believe that with the right framework and the right start, your website can be yours to add, change and upgrade...YOURSELF, for years to come.
Here’s How It Works...
- We Set Up a Site with your content at a place called Squarespace. They do the hosting as well as the structure or framework. It’s a marvelous place to for the novice to get things done yet flexible enough for the pro to create the special functionality that you might need.
- We Hand You the Keys. No “Webby Extortion Fees.” No delays waiting for your web dude to get back to you. The interface is simple enough for the non-techy to handle and there are instruction videos, frequently asked questions and reference materials for your perusal.
Here’s What You Need...
- A Domain Name - That’s a separate place to go register a name for your site. You don’t have to have one but it’s very silly not to start building traffic to your own name. You’ll need to go to your registrar and put in some data when the website is ready to go.
- Content - We need all of your text, pictures, links, email addresses etc. We can do this for you but it’s not included in the basic package.
- Pick Your Page Types - Our package includes 5 of these basics.
- Home - A warm place we love to come to … with all the right keywords for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Journal - Also known as a Blog or News with RSS and Commenting. Important for fresh content. Post informational articles and news about your business here.
- Products and/or Services - A page with descriptions and can include pictures
- Photo Gallery - A great place for completed projects if that works for your business.
- About Us - Who and what we are. This is a good place for your mission statement and a brief history about your company
- Contact Form - No extra charge for this - This is vital to your web efforts so why should it be an optional extra?
What Else Do We Include...
- Custom Top Banner - It’s not built into Squarespace, but the text ones just don’t cut it.
- Auto Navigation with Submenus - OK, That is built in but it’s automatic!
- Join My Email List function on all pages (Not using email marketing? We can help!)
Extras - Sometime the Basics Aren’t Enough
- Site Search
- FAQ’s Section
- Custom HTML
- File upload (requires Squarespace Advanced or Better)
- Passworded Access Areas (requires Squarespace Advanced or Better)
- Domain Setup
- Email Setup
- Paypay Setup